What kind of attorney should I get when my lender is ruining our credit and charging us fees we are not aware of. Thank you.F.W.

Asked over 1 year ago - Moscow Mills, MO

We had asked for a modification to our loan and had been granted that modification. They adjusted our payment but after a year charged us 10,000 dollars to our balance. We are now in the process of trying to refinance but the loan co. is saying we were delinquent on our payments. We have proof from our bank statements that we paid our payments on time. What can we do?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. John P Corrigan

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Hire a real estate attorney who has foreclosure/loan modification litigation experience.

    My answer is not intended to be giving legal advice and this topic can be a complex area where the advice of a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,057 answers this week

3,356 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,057 answers this week

3,356 attorneys answering