What kind of attorney is likely to help a client sue for medical battery?

Asked over 1 year ago - Salt Lake City, UT

Medical treatment was performed against my will in a non-emergent situation, I was alert and mentally competent. I have PTSD as a result and want to sue. I do not know what type of attorney to seek out. So far none of the malpractice attorneys have been willing to speak to me.

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jack C. Helgesen


    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . In Utah, medical battery is a form of medical malpractice and is subject to the same rules and procedures. You should call a medical malpractice attorney. Most of theme will give you a free consultation.

  2. David Brian Snyder


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Agree with attorney Taylor. Please search Avvo.com for attorneys in your area who handles medical malpractice cases. If you do not give consent for a medical procedure or treatment, the cause of action in many states is called failure to obtain informed consent.

    David B. Snyder, Esq.
    6876 Buckley Road
    Syracuse, NY 13212
    Mr. Snyder is licensed to practice in New York and practices Medical Malpractice Plaintiff’s work in Syracuse; he cannot offer legal advice in other states. This answer is meant to be a public service and not an attempt to solicit business. Moreover, my answer cannot be considered a legal opinion of your case / inquiry. Unless I am retained in a matter and have completed a full investigation of the underlying facts and law, I cannot give an opinion on which to rely. Furthermore, unless your matter concerns New York law, I am not licensed to practice or give specific legal advice in your state.

  3. L. Maxwell Taylor

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The direct answer to your question is "medical malpractice lawyers." The issue may be one of damages, i.e., the lawyers assess the case as presenting insufficient value to warrant their involvement.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,386 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,386 answers this week

2,845 attorneys answering