What kind of attorney I need and how much money I need to pay from start to end?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brookings, SD

I am studying in US in F1 status. I am wondering if there is any way to switch to any other status with work permit (e.g. H1B). Please note, I don’t have the OPT. I would appreciate your free advice. Thanks.

1. Gintare Grigaite

5

Answered . The H1B cap has been reached for this year already, unless you would fall under an exception. Therefore, you must consult with experienced immigration attorney about your options.

2. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . Your employer would need an immigration attorney. The earliest that an H-1B can be filed is April 1, 2014. The earliest that you could be on H-1B is October 1, 2014.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

1

Answered . The only H-1B visas available are for workers of 'exempt' organizations.

Talk to your foreign student adviser ... s/he should be able to give you the names of some immigration attorneys that you can talk to for a reasonable fee ... many of us do consultations with Skype.