Skip to main content

What kind of attorney handles harrassment by a civil service employee/employees?

Milwaukee, WI |

I was handling some business down at the county jail. When I accused of being involved with the case.When I asked how my name got involved. The response was "our third shift came up with it. I asked how they came up with.noone had any answers. I filed a complaint and even went down to the IA dept. no response yet. this has been goin on for about 3 months.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Best answer

    If this was the Milwaukee County Jail, then your complaint would normally be reviewed by the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Department Internal Affairs Division. I would contact them to find out who is investigating the complaint. If you plan to pursue a claim for some type of injuries or damages, there is a Notice of Injury form filing requirement that requires that you file a Notice of Injury form with the County Clerk's Office within 120 days from the date of any injury or damages. The Notice puts the County on notice of a possible future claim. A failure to file the Notice of Injury form in a timely manner could prevent you from successfully pursuing a claim for any damages. Also, be aware that there is a three year statute of limitations time period which requires that any injury/damages settlement or a lawsuit be filed within three years from the date of the incident. Assuming that you have not been charged with a crime, you probably have little to worry about, however, if you have further concerns, I would suggest that you consult with a local attorney by phone or in person to discuss the concerns in more detail.

  2. Your post does not strike me as a description of harassment. The type of attorney would be one who reglarly sues governmental unit and has some experience with harassment.

    The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Civil rights topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics