What kind of attorney do I need? It is an issue regarding the purchase of real property but involves fraud.

Asked over 1 year ago - Chireno, TX

I purchased a house in July of 2009 that was sold with .226 acre of land. County laws specifically state that any property or subdivision should be no less than 1/2 acre. I spoke with a real estate attorney last Friday only to find out that what the sellers did is perfectly legal but essentially I have a worthless piece of property. I cannot sell this property now because it is less than a 1/2 acre parcel. I need to know what kind of attorney can advise me on this issue.

1. Brian Edward Walters

2

Answered . I believe you have taken the correct first step by speaking with a real estate attorney. It sounds from your question as though you may be wondering if you have any recourse against the seller of the property. In that case, you will need to consult with a litigator experienced in land transaction disputes and potentially DTPA/consumer law. If there is something else you are specifically curious about, please explain further as this will help the attorneys on this page fully answer your question.

Best of luck with resolving this matter and very sorry to hear about your difficult situation.

2. Brian Heath Crockett

Pro

1

Answered . You may have a cause of action against the seller if he or she was aware you intended to built upon the property. Take all of your documents, emails and agreements to a consumer lawyer to assist you. Any questions we are here to help. Good luck to you.