What it the process to reopen an expunged case. I need it for immigration purpose as USCIS has asked me to do so.

Aspen Hill, MD |
Filed under: Immigration

Please also let me know on average how long would the process take.

Under Maryland law, when another government agency requests documents from an expunged case, you may motion the state court to reopen the case and get access to copies of documents in your file. This happens often when noncitizens expunge their criminal cases before they get certified copies of the outcome of the case. You may reach me at (410) 992-6602 if you need help with your case.

2. Are you trying to reopen a deportaion case or a criminal matter?
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry

3. Reopening a criminal case taht has been expunged is based on the laws of your specific state. You need to contact a criminal attorney within your state (Maryland) who can assist you further. One option is to post your question in the criminal law section of AVVO.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.