What it the process to reopen an expunged case. I need it for immigration purpose as USCIS has asked me to do so.

Asked over 2 years ago - Aspen Hill, MD

Please also let me know on average how long would the process take.

1. Naima M Said

1

Best Answer

Answered . Under Maryland law, when another government agency requests documents from an expunged case, you may motion the state court to reopen the case and get access to copies of documents in your file. This happens often when noncitizens expunge their criminal cases before they get certified copies of the outcome of the case. You may reach me at (410) 992-6602 if you need help with your case.

2. C. C. Abbott

Answered . Reopening a criminal case taht has been expunged is based on the laws of your specific state. You need to contact a criminal attorney within your state (Maryland) who can assist you further. One option is to post your question in the criminal law section of AVVO.

3. Luis Alberto Guerra

Answered . Are you trying to reopen a deportaion case or a criminal matter?
    Sent on the SprintĀ® Now Network from my BlackBerry