What is your opinion or experience having a client complete a psycho sexual assessment before a trial?

Hartford, CT |

Any information will be appreciated.

1. Whether court ordered or voluntarily given, it can be quite probative.

2. There are many factors to be considered before I would recommend such an assessment before a trial and you have provided no information - blanket opinions / recommendations one way or another don't do anyone any good. If you are in a position to wonder whether you should have such an assessment, you need to speak with an attorney. If you already have an attorney discuss with him/her the pros and cons of undergoing such an assessment and make the decision together.

Good luck!

Attorney Mark D. Colson
    Colson Law Firm, LLC
    40 Russ Street
    Hartford, CT 06106
    860.263.0055 - Tel
    860.838.2822 - Fax
    mark@colsonlawfirm.com
    http://www.colsonlawfirm.com

3. I agree with Attorney Colson. This question is best answered by your attorney who is familiar with all of the facts. So, the answer to your question, based on the information provided,is "it depends on a lot of factors".

Brian S. Karpe, Esq. (860) 242-2221 Note: This response DOES NOT constitute legal advice and therefore no specific action should be taken in reliance thereon. No attorney-client relationship is created through this response. You should speak to an licensed attorney in your state who is competent to answer your question before taking any action with regard to this question.