WHAT IS THE WORSE COULD HAPPEN IF SOMEBODY HAS STOLEN SOMEONE ELSE DRIVER LICENSE INFO ?

Newark, NJ |

Two months ago, one person came before me to my business location telling me he was a paralegal working for a lawyer in NJ , at the start I believed him , I provided him all my court papers I had for a speeding and as well my driver lices info. He promised that he was able to handle my speeding ticket without me going to COURT. After we had this conversation, three days later this man returned to my business location asking for some part of the fees so he can start the legal process on my ticket along with the court matter. I found something was not right ; he constantly called and emailed me out the ordinary promising to fix my mess but asked for money first; his constant calls made me suspicious about him, so I searched his name online and found a few charge on him. PLEASE ADVICE!

1. 1.) Call the police and file a report about him. 2.) If people solicit you at your business, claiming to do legal work, that's going to be a scam 99.99% of the time. 3.) To answer your question, if he's an identity thief, he could try to get into your bank accounts or get credit in your name. If he's a regular thief, he might try to break into your home (now he has your address) or your business. Or...he might give up and move on to the next target.

I'm not your attorney. By offering "answers" on Avvo, I am doing nothing more than providing an opinion for informational or educational purposes only.