What is the waiting period for fingerprinting?

Asked about 2 years ago - Brooklyn, NY

Hi I am filing for citizenship 90 days before the 3 years since I received my green card. When will I get the notice to get fingerprinted? After the 3 years pass or right after I file (90 days before)?

1. 4

Best Answer

Answered . Usually a month or two after USCIS receives your N-400.

2. 3

Answered . they ask you to go to biometrics about a month after they receive your application.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. 2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that it takes about a month. However, I would strongly suggest that you use an immigration lawyer to apply for naturalization. There is much more to our profession than filling out forms. There is a lot of analysis that occurs behind the scenes. Get a lawyer and do it right the first time. Repeating anything in the world of immigration is on a time scale of months or years. As a result, it can easily cost you more time and money to obtain an immigration benefit on your own than if you use an attorney. Plus, keep in mind that there are significant “opportunity costs” as well. (A good example is where someone has to re-submit work permit application and wait a few additional months before working).

If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.

Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700