What is the time limit for filing a Rehearing request from The AL Civil Court of Appeals, after they ruled Affirmed/No Oppinion?

Asked about 1 year ago - Opp, AL

No one seems to understand the question. Just try. Thanks!

1. Jeffrey Glenn Blackwell

2

1

Best Answer

Answered . Appellate procedures are governed by the Alabama Rules of Appellate Procedure. With any appellate issue, you should seek the advice of an attorney who is experienced in handling appeals. The procedures are different then those in trial courts. Additionally, an experienced appellate lawyer will know how to best present the issues to the appeals court. This includes brief writing which is a key skill that many people lack, including lawyers. I have attached a link to a post I wrote previously about the issues important to writing. That post references an Alabama lawyer who specializes in handling appeals.

As for your specific question, Rule 40 governs applications for rehearing. I attached a link to the rule below. Generally, applications for rehearing must be made within 14 days. Also, filing for rehearing is not necessary before filing a petition for cert review to the Alabama Supreme Court.

2. George O. Tamblyn

Pro

Answered . You should consult with an attorney in your area specializing in this type of matter; it is important to disclose all the facts and to explore your options. Be prepared to pay a consultation fee and know what it will be in advance. You might also try looking up the appropriate statute on the internet.