What is the time limit for an immigration judge to hold an asylum case without decision?

San Antonio, TX |

my asylum case has ended 60 days ago(finished all master and individual hearings) but I didn't receive any decision yet.

Judges have no time limits. Most want to process cases quickly, but some will hold onto decisions for extended periods due to workload or other factors. You don't describe your case, so we can't determine whether the delay may be to your benefit or detriment. In any event, if the immigration judge takes an inordinately long time, say a year or so, you could file a motion for decision. If the judge denies your application you can file an appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals within 30 days of the decision. I recommend you consult with an experienced and reputable immigration attorney.

Scott D. Pollock
312-444-1940
spollock@lawfirm1.com
www.lawfirm1.com

It can take a long time. Consult a local attorney who knows the habits of theimmigration judges

Www.immigrate2usa.com

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 www.immigrate2usa.com Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 nfleischer@immigrate2usa.com Enjoy our Blog at http://immigrate2usa.blogspot.com/

There is no particular time limit. You should check with your attorney (if you had one) because the immigration court would mail the decision to your attorney. Best of luck!

Colorado 303.442.8554/New Mexico 505.819.3303/ Ms DeSeguin’s statement is general in nature, is not intended as legal advice, and should not be relied on as Ms DeSeguin does not have knowledge of all the relevant and necessary facts. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.