What is the time frame to fill a law suite for be laid off while on disable/ Pregnanct leave in CA this happen in 2003

Asked over 3 years ago - Pleasanton, CA

I was on disable starting in Sept 2002 and in Jan 2003 I got a letter from Providain (which is now Chase) that i was to return for to work on Jan I think it was the 4 2003 I call the HR person and told them I had a doctor note that kept me out until after the birth so I faxed it to her and i was still told that i had to return to work or be layed off so 3 month before i gave birth I lost all my medical and had to be on Med i cal I was now just told that company can not do this to people

1. William Ira Corman

Answered . Unfortunately, your time to file an action in this case has long since passed. You had one year from the date of the alleged discriminatory act to file a complaint with the state or federal administrative agency. As the acts you are complaining about occurred in 2003, it is now far too late for you to take any action here.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of California. Responses are based solely on California law unless stated otherwise.

2. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

Answered . I agree with Attorney Corman. It is unfortunately too late to file a lawsuit for being laid off in 2003.