What is the time frame to file an assignment of mortgage when the mortgage is sold?

Asked over 2 years ago - Maineville, OH

A mortgage is sold in December, 2008. Is there a time frame in which the assignment of mortgage is to be filed?

1. Michelle Lynn Marshall

1

Answered . I would think the assignee would insist on prompt recordation of the assignment; however, I am not aware of any specific time frame under which an assignment MUST be filed. Hope this helps.

2. Michael J. Caticchio

Answered . you would think a lender would want to file asap

they do not

foreclosures get filed without the assignments
    and they then get recorded afterwards

3. David Jay Sternberg

Answered . Tlhere is no time limit. However, pursuant to statute and a Federal District Court Holding out of Cleveland, the assignment must be filed before the assignee can enforce the mortgage.