What is the time frame to file an assignment of mortgage when the mortgage is sold?

Maineville, OH |

A mortgage is sold in December, 2008. Is there a time frame in which the assignment of mortgage is to be filed?

I would think the assignee would insist on prompt recordation of the assignment; however, I am not aware of any specific time frame under which an assignment MUST be filed. Hope this helps.

I am licensed in the State of Ohio, posting a response to your question or issue does not create an attorney-client relationship and I AM NOT providing you legal advice. You should speak with an attorney who is licensed in your state to whom you have provided all the facts, before you take steps that may impact your legal rights--or rights to recovery of damages.

you would think a lender would want to file asap

they do not

foreclosures get filed without the assignments
and they then get recorded afterwards

Tlhere is no time limit. However, pursuant to statute and a Federal District Court Holding out of Cleveland, the assignment must be filed before the assignee can enforce the mortgage.

Attorney Sternberg is admitted to the practice of law only in the State of Ohio. His answering of this question does not constitute an attorney client relationship, nor can his answer be relied on since the question does not permit Attorney Sternberg to seek additional information necessary to render an legal opinion.