Skip to main content

What is the technical term when a Police Officer and a CPS worker open your door &Enter your house without a warrant or permissi

Pine Beach, NJ |

CPS and a Pine Beach Police officer entered my house after 10:00 pm on a saturday.
My wife was the only adult home and she opened the inside door but not the screen door.
From behind the screen door she told the Police Officer and the CPS worker 3 Times they could not come in that are children were laying down to go to sleep. My children were brought to my doorstep at approximatly 7:00 pm that night because they were outside on our property in our yard unattended for less than 5 min wile my wife used the restroom.

Due to unwelcome and un wanted gestures when the officer brought the children to my doorstep and also the 20 to 30 min period of time the officer stood on our property smiling and staring at my wife she felt even more threatened and called in a harrasment complaint. T

Attorney Answers 3

  1. Best answer

    There is no technical term. If they did not have a warrant, or other justifiable reason such as imminent danger, they are not allowed to enter your home. YOur remedy depends if anyone was charged with a crime or not.
    I believe you've posted a related question before. If so, you really need to hire a lawyer as the questions in this forum are not going to help you resolve your situation.

  2. They are not allowed to enter without a warrant unless an authorized person allows them in.

    Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advise and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

  3. I believe this is the first part of a DWI question you posted last week. The police have a community caretaking exception to the warrant requirement they can assert. Otherwise they need a warrant. The radio transmissions would help greatly here.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

An attorney can help.

Post a question and get free legal advice from attorneys.

Ask a Lawyer

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics