What is the sture of limitations for sexual harrasment in suffolk county ny

Lindenhurst, NY |

I was sexually harrased by a lawyer .and I would like to know what the statur of limitation is to press charges and file law suit

Different levels of crimes carry different statute of limitations. You can file a complaint with the Suffolk County police department. If it is beyond the SOL then the state will not prosecute it. In the non-criminal arena, there is also the state bar ethics committee that handles complaints against lawyers and civil actions that may be available to you depending on what happened.

2. It depends in what capacity and how he harassed you. Most people do not understand harassment law, nor are they expected to. There are different statutes depending on what is alleged.

If you'd like to discuss, please feel free to call. Jeff Gold Gold, Benes, LLP 1854 Bellmore Ave Bellmore, NY 11710 Telephone -516.512.6333 Email - Jgold@goldbenes.com

3. This is a civil question, not criminal.
    Re-post in civil litigation and employment law.

Joseph A. Lo Piccolo, Esq.
    Immediate Past President, Criminal Courts Bar Association 11'-12'
    Hession Bekoff & Lo Piccolo
    1103 Stewart Ave, Suite 200
    Garden City, NY 11530
    516-408-3666 (o) / 516-408-3833 (f)
    Jlopiccolo@hbclaw.net

I am a criminal defense attorney practicing in Nassau, Suffolk and New York City. The above information is not a substitution for a meeting whereas all potential legal issues can be discussed.

4. Depending on the nature of the harassment, this is likely a civil matter and not a criminal matter. Speak with a civil lawyer.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication.