What is the statutes of limitations on perjury???

Scottsdale, AZ |

My ex-wife committed perjury which enabled her to get a Default Divorce Decree. I have tried to get that decree vacated, but was told that I did not file in a timely manner. That fact remains tho that perjury was indeed committed.

The reality is that very few prosecutions for perjury ever happen, especially when the perjury could have been dealt with in court through standard litigation procedures such as cross-examination, impeachment and contradiction with your own evidence.

You can try to try to report this to the police to see if they can get a DA interested, but it's not likely that they would be. Under AZ state law, the statute of limitations is 7 years.

I'm only licensed in CA. This answer doesn't make me your lawyer, and neither do follow-up comments and/or emails and/or phone calls --- we need an actual agreement confirmed in writing before any attorney-client relationship is formed. Thiss answer does not constitute legal advice, and should not be relied on, since each state has different laws, each situation is fact specific, and it is impossible to evaluate a legal problem without a comprehensive consultation and review of all the facts and documents at issue.

In Arizona pergury is a class 2 felony 5 to 21yrs in prison

Pamela Koslyn

Pamela Koslyn

http://www.arizonacrimelaws.com/13_107.htm