What is the statute of limitations on fine and cost in pa.

Lancaster, PA |

I was arrested for DUI in 1997 I have done everything exsept pay my fine and cost.

1. Difficult to answer this question as stated. There is no "Statute of Limitations" on the payment of fines and costs. However, one could argue, I think successfully, that once your maximum sentence expires (was it something like 23 and 1/2 months?) and the probation department did not attempt to violate your probation or file some kind of contempt petition then they no longer have jurisdiction over you. Was a judgement entered against you? This judgement could affect your credit rating. Also, there may be an outstanding bench warrant for your arrest for your failure to pay, but I know I would argue that the bench warrant is no stale if the police/probation did nothing in an attempt to find you. I would need to know why you are asking this question to give you a better answer.

DUI topics