What is the statute of limitations on filing a lawsuit for discrimination and harassment against an employer in georgia

Decatur, GA |

I was attacked by a co-worker - hospitalized and placed on disability and my employer offered no assistance, refused to call authorities, stood and watched and then asked
when I would return to work.

Consult with a worker's compensation attorney regarding your injuries.

However, if you believe you were discriminated against because of race, sex, disability, religion, national origin, you have 180 days from the date of the incident to file a charge with the EEOC. The agency is located downtown Atlanta. You can obtain more information on their website (www.EEOC.gov). Unfortunately, a charge with the EEOC is a required before filing a lawsuit under Title VII.

You may also have a claim against your employer for negligent retention/supervision and/or intentional infliction of emotional distress. The statute of limitations on these claims in Georgia is one to two years, depending upon the claim. I would be happy to offer you a free initial consultation by phone. If you are interested, please click the link below and complete the form.

LEGAL NOTICE: This forum is designed to provide general information only. The information provided does not constitute legal advice and no attorney-client relationship has been established. You waive any right to confidentiality by posting information on this site. Communications on this site do not and cannot substitute for a full consultation with an attorney practicing in your jurisdiction, and you are encouraged to consult with such an attorney for guidance regarding your individual circumstances. Do not take any action or inaction based on information presented herein since it may not be accurate or applicable to you.