What is the statute of limitations on filing a false arrest/imprisonment/malicious prosecution claim in Florida Federal courts?

Lake Mary, FL |

This is not a criminal defense question. I believe it would be 2 years. The statute is in Chapter 95 of the Florida Statutes.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

Thanks for your time and useful answer Mr. De Groot - ( Dutch? ) I suppose you saying "this is not a criminal defense question" is some auto categorization thing only avvo has controll over. "askers" can only select the from choices auto generated by some quasi a.i. bot program which scans the text entered by the asker. There really should be an option to manually enter a category in the event no applicable category is generated automatically. Maybe a complaint by a top user like you could make that happen. I dont believe I checked any criminal defense box. Cheers

Robert Jason De Groot

Robert Jason De Groot

I thought there was an option that users could select. I am frequently running into this problem. There should be an option. I have never seen this site from the user side. I have asked questions hoping to get scholarly responses, to almost no avail. Yes, Dutch.

We really need more information to answer this question. First of all, the Federal court system is completely distinct from the Florida state court system. We need to know which court you are inquiring about. Secondly, there are different time limitations for civil actions and criminal charges. We need to know if you are inquiring about a civil action or a possible criminal charge.

Mr. Campbell's answer to this question provides only general legal information. Mr. Campbell has not reviewed your case and is not providing specific information or advice regarding your legal issue. Mr. Campbell's answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney before making specific decisions regarding your case.

Police misconduct topics