What is the statute of limitations on filing a false arrest/imprisonment/malicious prosecution claim in Florida Federal courts?

Lake Mary, FL |

1. This is not a criminal defense question. I believe it would be 2 years. The statute is in Chapter 95 of the Florida Statutes.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq. We do not have an attorney-client relationship. I am not your lawyer. The statements I make do not constitute legal advice. Any statements made by me are based upon the limited facts you have presented, and under the premise that you will consult with a local attorney. This is not an attempt to solicit business. This disclaimer is in addition to any disclaimers that this website has made. I am only licensed in Florida.

2. We really need more information to answer this question. First of all, the Federal court system is completely distinct from the Florida state court system. We need to know which court you are inquiring about. Secondly, there are different time limitations for civil actions and criminal charges. We need to know if you are inquiring about a civil action or a possible criminal charge.

Mr. Campbell's answer to this question provides only general legal information. Mr. Campbell has not reviewed your case and is not providing specific information or advice regarding your legal issue. Mr. Campbell's answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please consult an attorney before making specific decisions regarding your case.

Police misconduct topics