What is the statute of limitations on a Class A felony in NY state for possession or a narcotic

Rochester, NY |

person indicted has previous conviction of unlaw weapon

In most instances, the statute of limitations for a drug felony is five years. You can google the actual statute and then do further research on the exact time limitation relative to the charge. If the person is a predicate felon then he hopefully finds good representation as the sentence could be serious. I suggest meeting with an experienced criminal defense attorney to discuss the issue in detail. Good luck.

I have been a criminal defense attorney for over 20 years. Feel free to view my website at Brooklynlaw.net or contact me either by phone at 718-208-6094 or via email at howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

A prosecution for a Class A felony can be commenced at any time.

I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases. Feel free to check out my web site and contact me at (212) 385-8015 or via email at Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com. The above answer is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

According to New York Crim. Proc. §30.10(2)(a)

A prosecution for a class-A felony, (or Rape 1, Aggravated Sex Abuse 1, Course of Sexual Conduct against a Child 1), may be commenced at any time.

If the case is very old, there may be some advantages that an experienced defense attorney can exploit. Feel free to contact me directly if you have any additional questions. I am a former prosecutor with over 15 years experience specializing in criminal law.

All answers are for information purposes only. Answering this question or any future questions does not form any attorney-client relationship. Be mindful, that answers are limited by the limited facts presented by the questioner and are not meant to take the place of competent legal advice by an attorney fully informed of all the facts surrounding your case. However, be aware that nothing posted in a public forum such as this can be deemed confidential or privileged communication. For a privileged private consultation, contact me at 212-385-8600 or via my website www.southardlaw.com