What is the statute of limitations for property damage in New Jersey ?

Newark, NJ |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

Hi,

My car was regularly parked on the street, and another car hit it and run away. This happened in New Jersey in 2010. Can I still sue the driver of the car who hit my car for property damage?
Thank you

Assuming you (a) know who the other driver was, (b) can find the other driver, (c) prove the other driver was the responsible party, and (d) prove your car was damaged (and in what amount), you will not be barred from attempting to recover, at least not by the statute of limitations.

Good luck

The foregoing is not legal advice, and nothing in the foregoing shall be deemed to create an attorney client relationship. If you feel you need to speak with an attorney regarding your issue, it is recommended that you contact an attorney with expertise in your area of inquiry. The information related above is purely for informational purposes, and should not be acted upon without speaking with qualified counsel familiar with you specific situation and the laws related thereto.

I believe it is 6 years so you should be fine.

Call for a free consultation at 727-937-1400 or visit us on the Web at www.serviceandjustice.com.

The SOL is 6 yrs.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com