What is the statute of limitations for identity theft in Ohio and how long is the discovery rule ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Columbus, OH

I was given permission to sign my ex mother in laws name to the promissory page of a private student loan. She had provided all the info as well as current pay stubs to the bank but we couldn't meet to sign the last page. Now she is saying she didn't and wants to press charges

1. Amy Lavonne Wells

Answered . Identity theft is a serious charge and can carry very serious penalties. If you have been charged with a crime, it is advisable to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. You may find attorneys on this site, or by contacting your local bar association.

He/she will be able to discuss the specific facts of your case with you and advise you of your legal rights and defenses.

Additionally, I also suggest individuals who have been charged with criminal wrongdoing refrain from discussing their legal issue with others absent instruction from their attorney. This includes posting information on the Internet, including this site. Doing so could compromise an optimal outcome and should be avoided.

Good luck to you.