What is the statute of limitations for identity theft in Ohio and how long is the discovery rule ?

Columbus, OH |

I was given permission to sign my ex mother in laws name to the promissory page of a private student loan. She had provided all the info as well as current pay stubs to the bank but we couldn't meet to sign the last page. Now she is saying she didn't and wants to press charges

1. Identity theft is a serious charge and can carry very serious penalties. If you have been charged with a crime, it is advisable to consult with an experienced criminal defense attorney in your area. You may find attorneys on this site, or by contacting your local bar association.

He/she will be able to discuss the specific facts of your case with you and advise you of your legal rights and defenses.

Additionally, I also suggest individuals who have been charged with criminal wrongdoing refrain from discussing their legal issue with others absent instruction from their attorney. This includes posting information on the Internet, including this site. Doing so could compromise an optimal outcome and should be avoided.

Good luck to you.

NOTE: This Answer does not constitute legal advice. Every case is fact specific. To render a legal opinion, an attorney must engage in a consultation with a prospective client and review any pertinent documents. This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship with Attorney Amy L. Wells or WELLS LAW OFFICE, INC.