What is the statute of limitations for errors and omissions in Louisiana?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Lake Charles, LA

My life insurance agent dispersed the cash value of my private whole life insurance policy ($100,000+) to my wife without my approval and she forged my signature and stole it. He admits (on tape) he was wrong to do it. How much time do I have to file a suit against him?

1. 1

Answered . One year from the date of the the alleged act, omission or neglect is discovered, but no more than 3 years under any circumstances. Thus, if the action happened 5 years ago, for example, your claim is prescribed. The 1/3 year periods do not apply in cases of fraud, but it sounds like your "wife" was the one who committed fraud and the agent was just negligent.