What is the statute of limitations for errors and omissions in Louisiana?

Lake Charles, LA |

My life insurance agent dispersed the cash value of my private whole life insurance policy ($100,000+) to my wife without my approval and she forged my signature and stole it. He admits (on tape) he was wrong to do it. How much time do I have to file a suit against him?

One year from the date of the the alleged act, omission or neglect is discovered, but no more than 3 years under any circumstances. Thus, if the action happened 5 years ago, for example, your claim is prescribed. The 1/3 year periods do not apply in cases of fraud, but it sounds like your "wife" was the one who committed fraud and the agent was just negligent.

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is made available by the lawyer or law firm for EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY, as well as to give you general information and a general understanding of the legal services you may need, not to provide legal advice. No representation of accuracy is made about the information presented in this answer. There is no attorney client relationship between you and us. This law firm does not wish to represent anyone desiring representation based upon viewing this answer in a state where this site fails to comply with all laws and ethical rules of that state. This answer should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney in your state.