What is the statute of limitations for cops filing charges after raiding your home?

Asked over 2 years ago - Orlando, FL

What is the statute of limitations for cops filing charges after raiding your home? I noticed the paper left said 10 days, but the Judge granted them additional time because of computer equipment. How much time can they just hold all my stuff for on any charge?

1. David Richard Damore

Pro

5

Answered . If you were not arrested the police could investigate without charges for years but that's not going to happen
    Hire an attorney immediately.
    Make sure you tell him about the contents of your computer and any reasons your home might have been the subject of a search warrant.

2. Steven Douglas Knittle

4

Answered . The statute of limitations is 4 years for most felonies. They can hold your stuff until they complete their investigation within reason.

3. Robert Jason De Groot

Pro

2

Answered . This is not a statute of limitations question. The S/L for 1st degree felonies is 4 years, and for 3rd degree felonies it is 3 years. They cannot use information that is more than 30 days old in obtaining a warrant. The answer is a reasonable amount of time. Hire an attorney now.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq., 386-337-8239
  4. Paul Domenic Petruzzi

Pro

1

Answered . Hire a lawyer

This is not intended as legal advice.