What is the statute of limitation on. RCW 9.68A.070 Possession of depictions of minor engaged in sexually explicit conduct.

Seattle, WA |

What confuses me is i found the statute of limitation portions on the RCW web site.
http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.04.080. But under this portion their is a change in 2013 that does not make sence. So looking to see if some one can tell me currently what the statue of limitation would be for anything under this RCW 9.68A.070

1. A violation of RCW 9.68A.070 is a felony. It can be either a class B or class C felony depending on the circumstances. The normal statute of limitations for filing felony charges is three years from the time the offense is committed. I see nothing in the RCW that would make a violation of 9.68A.070 subject to a different statute of limitations.

That being said, possession of child pornography is an on-going offense as long as the person is still in possession of the images. So the statute of limitations only starts running either at the time the person is caught and the images are confiscated, or at the time the person gets rid of the images themselves. Either one of those would start the three-year clock running.