What is the statue of limitations to sue a title company and mortgage company for falsifying the loan documents.

Chandler, AZ |

The mortgage and title company back dated and changed the papers to add mortgage insurance after we signed the loan.

1. What are your damages? If you don't have any the statute of limitations is irrelevant.

Please note that I am answering this question as a service through Avvo but not as your attorney and no attorney-client relationship is established by this posting. An attorney-client relationship can only be established through signing a Fee Agreement and paying the necessary advanced fees.

2. It is my understanding that AZ has a three year statute of limitations for fraud. You should consult with a local attorney to see if AZ has a "discovery rule" so that the time that the three year period begins to run is when you knew, or should have known, of the fraud.

I am not a AZ attorney, laws vary from state to state, therefore you should always consult a local attorney.

If this answer was helpful, please mark it as helpful or as a best answer. This answer is for general education purposes only. It neither creates an attorney-client relationship nor provides legal guidance or advice. The answer is based on the limited information provided and the answer might be different had additional information been provided. You should consult an attorney.

3. Yes, the statute for fraud is three years from the time when you discovered or should have discovered the fraud and damage. There is also a commercial fraud statute that is much better for consumers, but it has a one year statute. It may or may not apply in this situation. If the act was negligent rather than intentional, the statute is two years. See a lawyer.