What is the statue of limitations on CA p.c. 851.8. When reading Section D and Section L it contradicts itself.

Asked 7 months ago - Torrance, CA

My Case was dismissed under P.C. 1385. It has not been two years since my dismissal. Do I still qualify (time wise) for this relief? Section C also contradicts D and L. It says "the defendant may, at any time after dismissal of the action, petition the court"

1. Greg Thomas Hill

1

Answered . Two years. You still have time.

Be sure to first ask the arresting authority to agree to such relief before filing your petition with the court. I have one of these petitions pending right now in the East LA court.

2. Benjamin Peter Theule

1

Answered . You still qualify for relief since it has not been two years since your dismissal. But I definitely agree that you should petition the arresting agency first. Many times talking with them is a quicker and less time consuming way to get this incident off your record.

3. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

1

Answered . Contact your attorney. Good luck.