What is the statue of limitations on an EEOC/Human Relations claim in PA? When does the commission rule for a default judgment?

Asked over 2 years ago - Philadelphia, PA

My previous employer took more than a year to respond to my claim against them with the EEOC and Human Relations for wrongful termination and pregnancy discrimination, what would be my next step? They gave no creditable explanation for their late response and denied all accusations. I also received a letter stating because its been over a year I can bring my claim to court. Do the same rules apply to the complainant and respondent? What is the procedure for ruling in a default judgment for the complainant and when will it apply to the noncompliant respondent?

1. Isaac Frederic Slepner

Answered . You have 180 days from the last occurrence of discrimination to file with PHRC and EEOC. Presumably you have done all that and the PHRC has dismissed the claim and issued you a Right to Sue letter. You then have ninety (90) days from the date of the Right to Sue letter to bring suit in the Court of Common Pleas of the county in which the discrimination took place.