What is the statue of limitations for malpractice suites against attorneys. Colorado Springs, CO....

Colorado Springs, CO |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

Learning of dishonest attorneys brings to mind my wife's case in 2001. Wife was involved in an auto accident, had surgery, physical therapy for 9 months, and was presented $15,000 by attorney as settlement. We did not know any better so my wife took it and, of course, signed a release document. I think she has no opportunity to persue actions, just wanting to make sure.

1. You dont indicate when the case was concluded or when the attorney malpractice may have occurred but if all of that happened in 2001 it is unlikely you have any argument to pursue. I would suggest that you talk to an atty that handles this type of case (legal malpractice)

2. Barring some exceptional circumstances the statute of limitations is two years for this type of claim so it is unlikely that there is a claim at this point in time unless the case was only settled in the last two years.

3. What PROOF do you have that
    you were mistreated? Maybe
    that's all the attorney could
    get because your wife's case
    was weak.

THIS ANSWER IS PURELY FOR ACADEMIC DISCUSSION ONLY AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE ANY TYPE OF LEGAL ADVICE OR LEGAL REPRESENTATION.