What is the statue of limitations? And What would the offence be?

Monticello, GA |

I wanted to know if after a year and a half in the state of GA if I can press charges on someone that had sex with me while I was intoxicated and blacked out/ passed out? And if so what is the statue of limitations and what offence is it?

1. Call this help line immediately: 1-800-656-HOPE

http://defendme.net | For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.877.452.9457. Attorney James Regan, LL.M, Esq., is a Florida lawyer answering questions pro bono. Answering these consumer questions based on limited and unverified facts does not create an attorney-client relationship. Being posted on the internet, these questions and answers are not confidential. For confidential answers on Florida law, call 1.800.452.9357.

2. Contact law enforcement immediately. Make your claim and ask that the matter be submitted to the prosecutor in your jurisdiction.

In no way am I offering you legal advice, and in no way has my comment created an attorney-client relationship. You are not to rely upon my note above in any way, but insted need to sit down with counsel and share all relevant facts before receiving fully-informed legal advice. If you want to be completely sure of your rights, you must sit down with an experienced criminal defense attorney to be fully aware of your rights.