What is the standard of care for people who are anatomical anomalies?

Asked over 1 year ago - Memphis, TN

I have an anatomical anomaly. Fro almost 2 yrs have wasted doctor visits with specialists and underwent testing some of which caused damage-later on find out that I have an antomical variation present in .02% of the population, but is higher in the native islands from where my ancestry is. Is this sheer bad luck or is the medical establishment somewhat at fault for trying to fit a square peg into a round hole i.e. not looking for this anatomical variation in the beginning when it was clear that their diagnoses were half baked.

1. Robert V Cornish Jr.

4

Answered . You're going to need to discuss this with an attorney in Memphis who handles medical malpractice matters on a regular basis. Look here on AVVO or contact the Memphis Bar Association downtown for a referral. They are very helpful people over there.

2. David J. McCormick

5

Answered . There is no specific standard of care for such anomalies. Just because they are rare does not give the doctor a pass. If you strongly feel that you received negligence care that has caused you permanent problems, then get copies of your medical records and have them reviewed by a malpractice attorney.

Pro

4

Answered . The only way to know if there was malpractice is to have a local med mal lawyer order your medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com