What is the standard of care for people who are anatomical anomalies?

Memphis, TN |

I have an anatomical anomaly. Fro almost 2 yrs have wasted doctor visits with specialists and underwent testing some of which caused damage-later on find out that I have an antomical variation present in .02% of the population, but is higher in the native islands from where my ancestry is. Is this sheer bad luck or is the medical establishment somewhat at fault for trying to fit a square peg into a round hole i.e. not looking for this anatomical variation in the beginning when it was clear that their diagnoses were half baked.

There is no specific standard of care for such anomalies. Just because they are rare does not give the doctor a pass. If you strongly feel that you received negligence care that has caused you permanent problems, then get copies of your medical records and have them reviewed by a malpractice attorney.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.

You're going to need to discuss this with an attorney in Memphis who handles medical malpractice matters on a regular basis. Look here on AVVO or contact the Memphis Bar Association downtown for a referral. They are very helpful people over there.

The foregoing is not legal advice nor is it in any manner whatsoever meant to create or impute an attorney/client relationship.

The only way to know if there was malpractice is to have a local med mal lawyer order your medical records and send to an expert to review to ascertain whether there was a breach of the standard of care.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com