What is the specific partition process in Michigan?

Asked over 1 year ago - Charlevoix, MI

My family's case has been going on for a year. Three siblings filed a partition lawsuit over jointly owned inherited property against two siblngs without discussion having taken place. Defendants have not contested the partition. Multiple appraisals have been obtained. Plaintiffs' attorney refuses to respond to the defendants' communications and questions about the planned process for sale. The judge has permitted settlement discussions to continue. With no discussion on the part of Plaintiffs' attorney, what will be the likely next step in the process? The process appears to have stalled. Defendants have not received notice from the court for the next status hearing.

1. James P. Frederick

Answered . It might be necessary for defendants to petition the court to get things moving again. Settlement is always a good idea and the courts will encourage this. If you have an attorney, you should rely on the attorney for your advice. If you do not have an attorney, you really should have one in a matter like this.

James Frederick