What is the SOL cocaine trafficking? (400 grams to 150 kilos)

Asked about 5 years ago - Sarasota, FL

sitting in county jail, indicted by feds, state charges dropped, so basically sitting on detainer

1. Craig A. Epifanio

1

Answered . Your question really is what is the SOL on a federal crime. It is 5 years from the date of the last offense to the date the indictment is filed. For example if the last date of offense was January 2, 2004 and the government filed on January 1, 2009 then the SOL has not been violated and you could still be charged. I handle cases throughout the federal Middle District of Florida, so if you or a family member wishes to give me a call about your case, feel free. Federal cases are treated very differently than state cases and with the amounts you are talking about, you undoubtedly are facing mandatory minimums of either 5 or 10 years all the way up to life, depending on the amount.

2. Howard Woodley Bailey

Pro

Answered . I agree with the assessment of my colleague, as to both the general SOL term and the manner in which it is calculated. Having become familiar with my colleague through the Avvo website and his cogent answers to questions like these, I believe you would be well served by at least consulting with him in regards to these charges. Good luck.

Disclaimer
    This information is offered for informational purposes only, as I do not practice law in your State. It is not intended as legal advice and you should not rely upon it to decide how to resolve this issue. No Attorney-Client relationship is intended or established by this response. You are faced with a situation where you need to consult with an experienced defense lawyer admitted to practice law in your State before you make any decisions as to how to resolve this issue.