What is the settlement value of Partial loss of sight in one eye in personal injury case.

Asked 11 months ago - San Luis Obispo, CA

partial loss of sight in one eye due to retinal detachment after car accident. Pre-ex cataract surgery done in the same eye in the past. What will be value of the settlement.

1. Sarkis Jacob Babachanian

10

Answered . There are verdict and settlement guides that may be helpful in finding value under facts similar to yours, but the value in your case comes down to: (1) what a jury (or judge if you waive a jury) decides is the value; or (2) what you agree to take in settlement and, of course, what the other side agrees to give up in settlement. These are the true measures of value in litigated cases, and they are always fact and law dependent. You may wish to talk t a few lawyers privately about your facts. Good luck!

2. David Ian Schoen

Pro

10

Answered . The injury itself is just one factor of many that need to be evaluated. Your attorney is in the best position to advise you as to a value range for your case.

3. William David Ausman

8

Answered . The value of this injury has many different variables. The best way to get the best value in the case is to gather all the evidence in the case and work closely with your personal injury attorney to obtain maximum results.

We have a great history of maximizing the recovery for our clients. We will work with you, your doctors and gather the evidence to assist you in getting the most out of your personal injury claim.

Please feel free to contact me and I will personally meet with you and give you pointers on how to best proceed with your case.

4. Michael Shemtoub

8

Answered . I believe I answered another one of your questions. Its not the easist claim to make and since you are close to the statute of limitations of 2 years they probably will not offer you much without an attorney being involved.

5. Melody Parman

Pro

8

Answered . It is not possible at this time to provide a value of your settlement because there are so many circumstances that come into play in your potential settlement value. For instance, your settlement value will depend on how bad your vision loss is and the affect that your vision loss has on your everyday life. The value of your settlement will also depend on apportionment, which is dependent upon your preexisting cataract surgery and the percentage of pre-existing injuries. An attorney will fight for you to maximize your compensation and to minimize the apportionment issue. It is important that you contact an attorney in your area in order to receive the legal care needed for this case. Also, keep in mind the two year statute of limitations period, which makes it important to contact an attorney as soon as possible. I wish you all the luck.

6. Christopher John Gansen

Pro

7

Answered . You likely have a good case but no lawyer in their right mind can tell you the value based on a few sentences on here. If you don't have a lawyer, I recommend getting one. A lot of firms, including mine, offer free consultations.

7. John L. Schroeder

8

Answered . You need to consult with a lawyer so he/she can gather all of the facts and make a recommendation. There are so many factors to take into account in order to make a recommendation. Nobody will give you an exact dollar amount based on such meager facts.

8. Jeffrey Mark Adams

7

Answered . Potentially a significant amount of money. As all of us keep suggesting, this is the precise reason you need counsel.

Pro

7

Answered . A plethora of factors go into putting a number on a case, so have a local lawyer investigate and evaluate

10. Michael R Crosner

5

Answered . As statement by the other counsel your REALLY need to consult a California personal injury attorney to discuss your claim - what have you got to lose since many personal injury attorney offer a free initial consultation. This is not the type of question that can or should be answered via this public forum. Best wishe