What is the sentince for 2nd degree theft in iowa?

Asked about 5 years ago - Burlington, IA

one of my friends had 2 shotguns and 2 bags full of pills and other misc items left in his driveway and the people that items belong to were told he was the one who stole the items. all the kids that were at the house during the time of the theft blamed him for it. i was with him during the whole thing and i know for a fact that he did not take the items. im wondering what the worst possible sentancing could be for it. the police said it was second degree theft.

1. John M. Kaman

Pro

Answered . I see many questions on avvo in which people want to do what is going to happen to them because of such and such an offense or parole violation. In truth no one except your lawyer can even give you an approximate answer to that question because it depends on so many variables: your state’s laws and procedures, your criminal history if any, whether there are any sentencing enhancements, whether your state has diversion programs for your offense. These kinds of questions really require that you contact a local lawyer and even then they can only give you a range.