What is the sentence time for a false report in tennessee?

Memphis, TN |

I had somebody carjack me and they wredcked my truck not far from where it happened.The police are saying that I wrecked my truck and was arrested fror false reports

1. Tenn. Code Annotated Section 39-16-502 addresses False Reports. Based on the information that you provided, the charged offense would be a class D felony. Any potential sentence would be based on a variety of factors (e.g., past criminal history), and determining an exact sentence or the nature of the sentence is not possible with the information provided. However, for a Range I offender, a class D felony carries a 2-4 year range of punishment, which could be served on probation, while incarcerated, or a variety of other methods/conditions which a particular judge may assign. For more information concerning your particular set of circumstances, I suggest that you contact an attorney.