What is the sentence for robbery first degree in alabama? is probation possible?

Asked almost 5 years ago - Dothan, AL

Person had someone to enter a private residence, rob them at gunpoint. Gun was held to head but no physical injury was done. Stole vehicle and drove it about two blocks down the street and abandoned it. This person was waiting in another car for the robbery to take place. Arrested and bail was set for $75,000.

1. William Calvin White II

Answered . Under the scenario you described the minimum punishment would be 20 years.
    This is because Robbery I is a class A felony punishable by a sentence of 10 years to life. However, there is an enhancement due to the use of a firearm, making the minimum sentence 20 years and the maximum punishment life in prison.
    Traditionally, Alabama law prohibited probation for anyone sentenced to more than 15 years. However, since the Soles decision there is the possibility for probation on a 20 year sentence, but not on any sentence over 20. It is extremely rare however. I am familiar with all Dothan judges and can help if needed.