What is the sentence for check fraud-felony

Asked almost 6 years ago - San Jose, CA

prior possession for sales, served 16mths discharged 13mths parole basically past has caught up with me

1. Joseph Briscoe Dane

Pro

1

1

Answered . The sentencing range on the charge of Penal Code 475 (a form of forgery often charged in check fraud cases) is 16 months, 2 years or 3 years in state prison. A prior prison term within the past 5 years can add an additional one year (Penal Code section 667.5(b). If that's the charge you face and your prison prior was within 5 years, your maximum is 4 years in state prison. Whatever sentence you receive would be half time under PC 4019.

2. Okorie Okorocha

1

1

Answered . I am not sure because your question is too vague. I am just guessing.... Do not quote me, but Fraud usually ranges from 2 to 5 years and you can add 3 years for a prison prior. But, it could just be a parole violation and you get one year.

My standard disclaimer: I am not offering legal advice, assume I do not know the law in your state and that I am just making suggestions for starting points for when you do speak with an attorney. Do NOT rely on anything I write and contact a lawyer in your area immediately after reading my posting.

3. Ryan Patrick McClure

1

Answered . I believe it would be as low as 16 months and as high as 3 years, but i am not sure what you are actually charged with. You should consult your public defender or hire a private attorney. Good Luck!

4. Ryan Patrick McClure

1