What is the sentence for a F5 theft charge. I have made restitution and it was for 530.00.

Asked over 5 years ago - Columbus, OH

I was working for a business and my auto repairs were charged to them. When I found out I made restitution. But my employer had already called the police. The state has filed charged. I have never been arrested now or anytime in my life.

1. Bradley William Miller

Answered . A fifth-degree felony is the least severe felony. If the judge decides to impose jail time, he or she can impose a sentence of 6-12 months in prison. The judge can also order you to pay a fine of up to $2,500.00, impose house arrest or some other type of non-jail sanction, and/or place you on a period of probation. Besides these penalties, being convicted of a felony can also affect your employment, where you can live, and ability to vote.

Because felonies are serious matters, I would highly recommend that you get an attorney to represent you against the charge. Many criminal defense attorneys offer free consultations to discuss your case and allow you to decide whether or not you would like to hire them.

I hope this answers your question. If you have any questions or would like discuss your situation in more detail, feel free to contact me.