What is the safest way to go for; regarding the EB2, should the employer apply by using the Master degree or Bachelor + 5 years?

Asked over 1 year ago - Reading, MA

The employer can sponsor the green card. I will get my Master by the end of this year but I have Bachelor + 5 years of experience. The job description mentioned when I was hired “MS or BS 3+/ or 5+ industry experience”. If I decided to go for the Master, I have to wait more than 6 months but the employer can start filing the GC now if my Bachelor + 5 years of experience are used. I am wondering if there is any issue if the Bachelor + 5 are used for filing EB2 or it’s safest to wait the Master. Your input would be appreciated. Thanks

My degree is not Indian.. It's 4 Years...

1. Anu Gupta

Pro

6

2

Answered . Generally, filing as soon as possible and getting an earlier priority date is preferable, since you are ahead in the queue. However, your employer's attorney is the best person to answer this. The attorney has your complete case history and is aware of any potential pitfalls. For ex- if your degree is Indian you may have a three year degree or some other issue. Talk with the attorney to decide how to proceed.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

6

Answered . There is nothing dangerous about the EB2 if it is done correct, in professional manner and does not involve fraud. Master degree or its equivalent, either one is good when properly assessed and fit into the overall picture of the position sought to be filled. Your employer really need to hire an experienced immigration attorney and soon Advise then on that. If they refuse, look for another employer as this one WILL spell trouble for you in the long run.

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Depends on the facts of the case.

Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.