What is the safest way for maintain legal status when apply H1b for a STEM opt student employed in an e-verified company?

Potomac, MD |

Hi, currently I works at a local e-verified company,my employer will submit my h1b application on April 1st. the problem is my 12 mons opt will expire at July 5th. Once my h1b application is denied, I have to leave us if I don't submit my opt extension application.
The time line is:
master graduation date: 05/10/2012, opt beginning date:07/06/2012, opt ending date:07/05/2013. Tentative h1b application date: 04/01/2013. The earliest date for opt extension application date if needed: 04/06/2013

Can I submit opt-extension application after submitting h1b application? any risk with this way? OR is Premium Processing a more safer way because once h1b application is denied by the end of April, I still have enough time to submit opt extension application.

Thanks!

There is only one way, maintain your F-1 status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.