What is the risk of declaring "legally authorized to work" even if you're status expired 2 years ago

Asked about 1 year ago - Las Vegas, NV

I applied to this job and filled out application and checked "authorized to work" box, got interviewed and now im being called back to fill out the rest of the paperwork (w2 and so on) i have SSN and driver's license and expired work permit, i was able to obtaine these paperwork due to my marriage to a US citizen but my status expired 2 years ago and i even have deportation order but didnt leave. Whats the risk? If let's say the new immigration reform bill becomes law, and qualifies me, will this action im going to do gonna affect my immigration application/benefit? Please help before i make this move.

1. Robert West

2

1

Answered . This is considered fraud because you are no longer authorized to work. It can make you inadmissible and with an outstanding removal order, you are in a very tricky situation. If you had a previous lawyer, you may want to go in and consult.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Please see the answer to your other question.