What is the rights of a biological father over a husband?

Asked about 5 years ago - Ocala, FL

I am married ( for now) and I'm pregnant with another man's baby. I want the baby to have the father's name and the father to be a part of the babie's life. I've been told, however, that Florida State law says that my husband can sign the birth certificate and the biological father will have no rights. Is this true? How about if I'm separated from my husband ? How about if I'm with the biological father, but still legally married?

1. Diana Michelle Tennis

1

Answered . There is a difference between being the legal father (your husband) and the biological father. If you want bio dad to be the dad, I recommend you have him sign the birth certificate and you make it very clear to everyone that he is the real dad. Without your help, it would be difficult for your husband to cut him out. Having a dna test done as soon as possible will also help.