What is the reasonable penalty for BAC .15 in Irvine? Also, does it matter that I was driving with an out of state license?

I've been here in CA for 8 months. Nobody was injured.

1. Orange County is probably the worst place in CA to get a DUI. Typical sentence for first time with a high BAC is 30 days custody. You can probably get a combination of Caltrans and work release. You need competent DUI counsel who is familiar with the judges and D.A.s in O.C.

2. There is no way that anyone can tell you what tha "reasonable penalty" for a .15 BAC would be. It all depends on the specific and detailed facts of your case. You really need to discuss your case with an attorney and have them assist you with your case.

And the out of state license shouldn't matter.

3. Was this a first offense DUI, or do you have priors? Over 21 years old? It is possible that the prosecutor may add a VC 12500 driving without a valid license charge as CA requires an in state license within a short period after moving here. The specific answers to your questiosn can vary and I would like to know more about your case to give a better assessment. Feel free to contact me if you would like to discuss in more detail.

Legal disclaimer: This message does not constitute legal advice and is for informational purposes only. This message does not establish an attorney-client relationship, which can only be established once a retainer agreement has been fully executed between you and this firm.

Traffic tickets topics