What is the reason a lawyer can't see my criminal record to get a charge expunged ?

Monroeville, PA |

Hello I was charged in 2002 for a arson charge and received 1-3 years jail time I did the maximum sentence and then I was arrested for criminal trespass and received time served and 2 years probation but was released early from probation for good behavior what can I say on an application for employment?

A lawyer will be able to see your record. The problem is these sound like conviction and they are of a level that they cannot be expunged.

Aaron

A lawyer is an officer of the court and can see your records. You can go to a LIVE SCAN kiosk and order you records at any time for around $40.00 and hand them to your lawyer when they are mailed to you. That would be the fastest way to get your records. Go on-line and find the nearest LIVE SCAN location and apply for your record, in ten days you'll have it. Hope this Helps. I am not a PA attorney or I would gladly assist you. Good Luck.

You have two felony convictions, you can only say you have been convicted of a felony.

My name is Stephen R. Cohen and have practiced since 1974. I practice in Los Angeles and Orange County, CA. These answers do not create an attorney client relationship. My answers may offend I believe in telling the truth, I use common sense as well as the law. Other state's laws may differ.. There are a lot of really good attorneys on this site, I will do limited appearances which are preparation of court documents it is , less expensive. However generally I believe an attorney is better than none.

If you were adjudicated as a juvenile and your records were automatically sealed is a possible way a lawyer would not see your records, but even then as your lawyer would have access.

You cannot get misdemeanor or felony convictions expunged in the state of Pennsylvania.

This response is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. The response is intended, but not promised or guaranteed to be current, complete, or up-to-date. Transmission of the information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between Mark D. Copoulos, Esquire and any party. The responses provided on this website are offered only for general informational and educational purposes. They are not offered as and do not constitute legal advice or legal opinions. You should not act or rely on any information contained in these responses without first seeking the advice of an attorney.