What is the punishment for violating a DVO in Iredell County, NC

Asked 7 months ago - Statesville, NC

My estranged husband was released from county jail this morning and ended up violating the DVO by leaving a letter directly to me in the house to which he was making threats towards me. The police and myself cannot figure out how he did this when they were here at the residence for him to gather some belongings. He must have a spare key and came in while I was gone. So what would the punishment be considering he plead guilty for Assault on a Female

1. Joel Grant Hancock Jr.

1

Answered . Under Chapter 50B of the NC General Statutes, violating a valid Domestic Violence Protective Order is a class A1 misdemeanor. If convicted, your husband could be facing even more jail time -- up to 150 days, depending on his criminal record.