What is the punishment for assault 2 WA state?

Woodland, WA |
Filed under: Criminal defense

what if a person has a felony pending, probable cause, assault 2, can you tell me what the punishment might be?

The penalty for a felony conviction in the State of Washington will depend on:

1. The seriousness of the crime;
2. The number of prior felony convictions;
3. Whether there are "other current offenses";
4. If the State added an enhancement (deadly weapon, firearm, school zone, etc...); and
5. Whether there is a basis for seek an exceptional sentence.

For someone with no other criminal history, enhancements or exceptional sentence basis, he/she would be looking at 3 to 9 months in jail for an Assault-2 conviction. It is a Class B felony with a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison and/or a $5000 fine. Assault-2 qualifies as a "strike offense" for the purposes of the Three Strikes and You're Out Law.

If you have not already retained an attorney, you will want to find one who specializes in criminal law and one has considerable felony experience. He or she will be able to review the State's evidence and guide you through the process.

I would be happy to discuss your case and your options with you. I can be reached anytime at the telephone numbers below. Let me know if I can be of assistance.

Tim Leary

206-382-2401 office
206-972-2401 cell