What is the punishment for a third degree escape charge! I have never been in jail before is it possible to get it reduced to a

Asked about 3 years ago - Warren, AR

misdemeanor due to I have no prior convictions at all!!

1. Frank Mascagni III

Answered . Escape from a city/county jail? Escape for a walk away from a work release center? Escage for violating a HIP (home incaration program)? Escape by removing an electronic moniter?

We have 3 degrees of Escape in KY :
    Escape I: KRS 520.020 by the threat or use of force: A Class C felony [5-10 years];
    Escape II: KRS 520.030 when charged with or convicted of a felony: A Class D felony [1-5 years];
    Escape III: KRS 520.040 when one escapes from custody: A Class B misdemeanor [ up to 90 days, up to a $250.00 fine, or both].

Depending on your actions, the other facts (where you were, what sentence were you serving or being held pretrial, etc.) you need a comptent criminal defese attorney to represent you on an escape cahrge.