Skip to main content

What is the proper tax ID form do I need to fill out if I'm self employed and need to pay taxes but not a legal resident.

Westbury, NY |
Filed under: Self-employed workers

I've been doing house cleaning for a few years now but I'm not a legal resident and I'd like to start filing my taxes. What is the proper tax ID form should I fill out to start doing so.

Attorney Answers 1

  1. You should ask your accountant. You would also have better luck posting this question as a tax law question.

    This answer does not constitute legal advice and you should contact an attorney to confirm or research further any statements made in this answer. Any statements of fact or law I have made in this answer pertain solely to New York State and should not be relied upon in any way in any other jurisdiction. Additionally, we also encourage you to reach out to us via Twitter (!/WhiteRoseMarks) or Facebook ( if you have follow up questions as we do not monitor questions after providing an initial answer.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics