Skip to main content

What is the proper action for online impersonation?

Jacksonville, FL |

Someone made a profile on a dating site using my husband's name, personal information and pictures. We reported it, and the site has not removed it.

Attorney Answers 2


I highly recommend you consult with an attorney in Jacksonville.
If you cannot locate one, then call Dock Blanchard in Ocala. He is among the very best of the best.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

1 comment

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos

Chris Matthew Limberopoulos


I wish you the very best in the new year.


A fake profile would obviously be a violation of the site's terms of service or TOS. However, you need to make sure you reported it correctly, have your read the TOS and does it specify how to report a false profile? I am asure they have had this problem before so they must have a protocol for it.

This is not legal advice but a general comment on society. International Law 24/7 hotline +1-202-318-2406 - Dr. Jonathan Levy, PhD calls or emails usually returned within 24 hours.

Mark as helpful

Civil rights topics

Recommended articles about Civil rights

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics